VFX Artist Intern
We are looking for a talented VFX Artist Intern to join our buzzing Stockholm team!
Your role within our Kingdom
You will join our growing team and help design and create amazing visual effects for our current and upcoming games. Whilst keeping the games stylistically consistent, you will bring your own great ideas to the table to make our games look dynamic and exciting for the player. Working closely with other artists, technical artists and developers as part of an experienced team this is a great intern opportunity.
Skills to create thrills
- A creative person with a passion for games
- You have knowledge of a varied range of physical effects and a passion for interpreting them in a digital medium
- Adaptive in conceptualising, creating and animating various styles and genres of VFX
- Used to working with Photoshop, 3D applications (Maya or 3ds Max) and particle editors, as well as After Effects or similar programs for pre-visualising VFX
- Experience in utilising and adapting real time shaders and post processing effects
- Strong knowledge in environmental effects, lighting and dynamics
- You can create original texture sprites and sprite sheets to create particle effects
- Technical expertise and familiarity with game engines and their performance requirements, experience of optimising VFX to run effectively on target hardware
- Knowledge in building VFX libraries, as well as establishing and maintaining a VFX asset pipeline
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Proactive in learning and developing your skills
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required.
Tasty bonus skills
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Previous experience from creating casual and/or mobile games
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games. We have developed more than 200 fun titles, and our games are played and enjoyed all around the world. King has game studios in Barcelona, Berlin, London, Malmö, Seattle, and Stockholm along with offices in Bucharest, Malta, San Francisco, New York and Tokyo. King is an independent unit of Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), which acquired King in February 2016.
Want to join our Kingdom?
Apply here: https://apply.king.com/campus/vacancy/1870/description
Applications need to be in English and don't forget the portfolio. This will be a 6-month internship starting end of August 2017.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you're from, it's all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That's why we hire all sorts of talent – because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.